Southern Maryland is the home of an overwhelming amount of culinary delicacies, many of which hail from the sea! Whether it’s crabs, oysters, scallops, fish or shrimp, this state has got all of your seafood needs covered. Nothing goes together with crabs better than an ice cold beer! Let’s take a look at Southern Maryland’s top ten Breweries for your next trip to SOMD!
Have no Fear – Taste some Beer in Southern Maryland!
- Patuxent Brewing Company is located in Lexington Park, MD and is the first Brewery on our list. They offer a variety of handcrafted ales and lagers, as well as a full menu of delicious food. Three of their current brews include the 301 Pale Ale with just a little bit of hops, Rai Rai’s Hard Seltzer featuring a strawberry puree, and Sunken Sips IPA, the official beer of Charles County!
- Scorpion Brewing Company is located in Owings, MD and is a family-owned business that has been around since 2012. Scorpion Brewing Co. is a Microbrewery located in the heart of Calvert County, Southern Maryland. They pride themselves on producing beer made with local ingredients and embrace the flexibility, adaptability and experimentation a small microbrewery allows.
- Mully’s Brewery is located in Prince Frederick, MD and is a pet-friendly brewery with a wide variety of beers to choose from. They have an outdoor seating area that is perfect for enjoying a beer on a warm day. Be sure to try their popular Mully’s IPA! Another delicious drink at Mully’s Brewery includes the Mully’s Hazy not Lazy Ale, which has a hop forward citrus flavor. Mully’s has a food truck on site that has some yummy options!
- Calvert Brewing Company is located in Upper Marlboro, MD. Calvert Brewing Company is one of Maryland’s largest and most established craft breweries. They are committed to brewing a range of quality beers, offering the people of Maryland an option to fit all tastes and situations, whether you’re new to craft or the most seasoned of craft beer drinkers. Their list of year-round beers is unique and steadily growing, with specialty beers for every season.
- Ruddy Duck Brewery is located in Solomons, MD and is a family-friendly brewery with a wide variety of beers to choose from. They offer an outdoor seating area that is perfect for enjoying a beer on a warm day. Carlos Yanez and Michael Kelley were the founders of the Brewery. Master Brewer Matt Glass delivers a year round collection of award winning beers including their India Pale Ale, Festbier, Helles Lager, Rud Light & Gluten Free Biere Nouveau. In addition he produces a wide selection of seasonal offerings to round out their portfolio.
The Quest for the Best Breweries
Now that we have taken a look at some of the great breweries that Southern Maryland has to offer, it’s time to get out there and try them all! We hope you enjoy your beer-tasting adventure! Once you are refreshed by the seafood and brew; get into some of the other great things this place has to offer. Check out our blogs on Fun Things to Do in Southern Maryland!
Need a new Roof? Find a Roofing Company in Southern Maryland today!